- This event has passed.
DrinkEntrepreneurs KL: Founders Night #2
March 28, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm
DEKL is bringing the first quarter of 2019 to a close with an exclusive event in conjunction with International Women’s Day.
In our second edition of Founders Night themed“Better the Balance, Better the World”, we have brought together a panel of inspiring women to share some of their success stories, challenges and hopes for the future.
Forum Starts: 8.30pm Sharp
7.30pm – Registration and networking
8.25pm – Introduction
8.30pm – Forum starts
9.00pm – Networking till late
400 FREE Tickets SOLD OUT (200 tickets sold in 24 hours).
(Registration At The Door at RM50 – May not be accepted if online registrations are overwhelming)
From grassroots activism to worldwide action, we are entering an exciting period of history where the world expects balance. We notice its absence and celebrate its presence. Balance drives a better working world and isessential for economies and communities to thrive.
For this month’s event, we are bringing together celebrated women comprising of
Asha Gill (CEO, ashagill.com / Former Celebrity TV Host),
Dr. Marcella Lucas (CEO, LeadWomen),
Jesrina Arshad (CEO, PurelyB)
Vanessa Tevi (Dojo KL / Winner of 2015 Miss Universe Malaysia) acting as the moderator.
So what are you waiting for? Come join us Thursday, March 28th at CÉ LA VI KL to meet fellow founders, make new connections and have a wonderful evening full of fun and laughter!
Speakers & Partners:
– Asha Gill (ashagill.com) –
• Asha is perhaps best known as an award-winning television presenter and radio host, reaching audiences not just across asia but globally too. She is also co-author of the Eco Kids book series, a columnist, a writer, an activist and an international speaker. Asha has spent over 20 years in the media, with the last three years focusing in the field of personal growth working with pioneers and leaders in their field. She now has her own practice as a ‘Life Coach and Hypnotherapist’, bringing her expertise, tools and skills to not only larger audiences via the stage, in workshops and through working with individual clients face to face.
– Dr. Marcella Lucas (LeadWomen) –
• Marcella graduated from University of Bath (Bsc) and Dartmouth (PhD). A neuroscientist by training, she has worked in the innovation, strategy and leadership space across Government, Consultancy, Corporate and Academia in 9 countries in Europe, US, Africa, Middle East and Asia. Currently based in Malaysia, she is shaping new leadership trends and enabling innovative companies to expand their impact globally.
• LeadWomen supports women career goals and aspirations by providing a platform that empowers them to grow and develop continuously as great leaders and role models for the next generation.
– Jesrina Arshad (PurelyB) –
• Jesrina had a wealth of experience as a lead digital strategist at Astro Malaysia Holdings and Mindshare Malaysia, before co-founding PurelyB alongside Stephanie Looi in 2015. PurelyB was included in the Red Herring International’s Top 100 Startups in Asia in 2016– a prestigious list honoring the year’s most promising private technology ventures in Asia. Soon after, PurelyB was selected to be one of only 20 Malaysian startups for the [email protected] Entrepreneurship Program at Stanford University. For all of her achievements, Jesrina was listed by the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation as one of the top five local female entrepreneurs.
• PurelyB‘s mission is to encourage and support your journey towards a healthier you by making it easy and convenient through its PurelyB portal – your one-stop destination in Asia for everything healthy and natural.
– Vanessa Tevi Kumares (DojoKL) –
• Vanessa is a Malaysian model and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Universe Malaysia 2015. She represented her country at the 64th Miss Universe pageant. In October 2016, Tevi was selected as one of two Malaysian women to represent Puma as the brand’s official ambassadors for the Southeast Asia market, in conjunction with the launch of the sportswear company’s “Do You” campaign. She’s currently Community Lead at Dojo KL
• Dojo is a co-working space in Kuala Lumpur that empowers the creative and entrepreneurial community through inspiring workspaces, educational and social events and personalized services for their members.
Reach new heights at the latest CÉ LA VI lifestyle destination in the heart of Kuala Lumpur at the newly completed, luxurious Ilham Tower. Sky scraping views, an exotic culinary adventure, and pulsing nightlife action beckon your arrival. At CÉ LA VI, we aim to stimulate the senses and fuel the spirit. Iconic rooftop locations that command breathtaking 360-degree views. Modern Asian culinary adventures in a spectacular setting. Innovative cocktails perfectly matched to Asian climates, laced with exotic regional ingredients and flavours.
It is an international business magazine that is widely known for its global coverage of Asian entrepreneurship and the Asian startup scene. The Asian Entrepreneur will be attending this event with the intention of profiling and covering notable startups and entrepreneurs. This would be a great opportunity for those attending who are seeking greater media and market exposure.
– What is DrinkEntrepreneurs? –
Initially launched for fun in Paris, DrinkEntrepreneurs is going global, with events organized in 30 cities such as Shanghai, London, San Francisco, Buenos Aires, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor Bahru and also Kota Kinabalu! Once a month, DrinkEntrepreneurs offers a relaxed environment for driven and motivated entrepreneurs, their friends and entrepreneurship aficionados to get together, share good conversations and inspire one another!
DrinkEntrepreneurs is co-created by you and all the people that make every event different and special. We endorse no specific format, so there are no name tags, stuffy environments or boring presentations. You’ll be there to laugh and learn, to socialize and network. So far, we’ve motivated a greatly diverse group of amazing individuals to become regulars and ambassadors of DrinkEntrepreneurs and connected hundreds of people in meaningful ways. We like to think that DrinkEntrepreneurs is not just an event – it’s a movement that is slowly but steadily becoming a key connector in local entrepreneurship scenes.
See you there! And don’t forget to invite your friends! 😉
The DrinkEntrepreneurs Society –
Drinkentrepreneurs in KL –
Malaysia’s Leading Entrepreneurial Networking Platform